- Please return library materials on time so that other people may enjoy them
- You may return the materials you borrowed from Holyoke Library to ANY library on any of the library delivery routes within the state. You may ask for a receipt any time you return materials to any library.
- DO NOT LEAVE THE MATERIALS OUTSIDE THE LIBRARY. You will be responsible if they are damaged or stolen before they are checked in.
- If you return them to another C/WMARS library, make sure they check in the items and taken off your record immediately.
- If you return them to a library that is not a C/WMARS library, they will remain on your record until they are returned to the owning library and you will be responsible for all overdue fines that accumulate.
- One renewal per item if items are not on reserve.
- Materials not in demand may be renewed once for a total borrowing time of six weeks.
- Items may be renewed by phone during regular library hours or online by using the Internet 24/7.
- If you want an item that is checked out to someone else, you may place a HOLD on it in person by filling out a Reserve postcard at the circulation desk or by e-mail, over the phone, online, or by ‘snail-mail’.
- You must have your library card with you to do this since your barcode number will be needed to place a reserve. When the item is returned, we will hold it for you for one week at the circulation desk of the library location you specified for pick up. We will call you or send you a postcard notification when the item is available.
- There is a maximum of 5 items on hold per patron per week, a total of 20 holds throughout C/WMARS.
- If you wish to request a book be held for you, call Circulation Desk during regular Library service hours. Circulating items will be held for one week and can be picked up at the Circulation Desk in the lobby. You can also reserve materials that are checked out. For Circulation Desk dial (413) 322-5640, ext. 5118