How to Pay Library Fines
Borrowing privileges are suspended and patrons are billed immediately after items are four (4) weeks overdue. There is no grace period for overdue materials.
Overdue Charges -per day, per item
- The Holyoke Library Overdue Fine is 10 cents a day per item on all materials up to a maximum of $3 per item. EXCEPTION: the Overdue Fine on Videos/DVDs is $1.00 per item per day up to a maximum of $5.00. All fines, fees and gifts are used as revenue for library services and materials.
- Items that are more than 28 days overdue are considered lost and we will bill you for the replacement cost of the item. When you have items that are more than 42 days overdue, you may be referred to a collection agency. When this is done, an additional $10 collection agency fee is added to your bill. If you return a billed item, the replacement cost is deducted from your bill and you are charged only the $3 maximum overdue fine and the $10 collection agency fee (if applicable). (EXCEPTION: ILL maximum is $30.)
- If you have overdue Interlibrary Loan items, you are billed for the full replacement costs charged by the library that loaned us the material. This may include substantial processing, lost item, and overdue fees in addition to the actual replacement cost of the item.
- If you report an item LOST before it has become overdue, we bill you the replacement cost of the item. If you wish, you may supply an EXACT copy in good condition of the lost item instead of paying the replacement cost.
- You may pay overdue fines and other fees by cash, or check (made out to Holyoke Public Library).
How to Pay Fines Online.You can now pay fines of $5.00 or more online using your Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. You can also make a donation to your local library!
- Login to your C/WMARS account, with your library card number and PIN
- On your patron account page, select the "$ IN UNPAID FINES AND BILLS" link on the left side of the page.
- Select "PAY ONLINE". (Note: This will only show if you have more than $5.00 owed in charges.)
- Select the fines that you wish to pay
- Complete all of the relevant information
- Click SUBMIT.
- A confirmation page will appear. Make sure all information you entered is correct. Click OK
- A receipt will display for printing. If you have a valid email address, receipt of payment will also be sent to the address you entered with your billing information.
For Help with Paying Fines on line visit https://wmars.cwmars.org/screens/help_feepay.html