How to Check out Materials
Check-out Loan Period
- Loan periods vary based on the type of materials.
- Items may be renewed ONCE if no other user has placed a hold on them. The renewal period is for the same amount of time as the original loan.
- 21 Days- most items not on reserve list—fiction and non-fiction.
- 14 days – book-on-tape, CDs, items that are on reserve list
- 7 days – videocassettes and DVDs
You may borrow any circulating material. This includes most hardcover and paperback books in the collection, videos, CDs, audiocassettes, books on tape, CD-ROMs, and children's games, puppets and toys. Items labeled REFERENCE, newspapers and periodicals, materials on microfilm, special collection materials, and current periodicals DO NOT circulate and must be used in the library.
You may check out 1 items when you first register for a Library card. There are also C/WMARS network wide and Holyoke Public Library limits on certain types of media. Most borrowers may have up to 50 items checked out through the C/WMARS network at any one time. (Temporary borrowers have a 6 item limit at any one time.)
- Adult Non-fiction items: Maximum of two (2) on the same subject.
- Juvenile Non-Fiction items: Maximum of two (2) on the same subject.
- CD-ROMs - a total of 6 throughout C/WMARS
- Video/DVD: Adults: Maximum of four (4) from the Holyoke Public Library collection, a total of 10 throughout C/WMARS. Minors: Maximum of one (1) from the Holyoke Public Library collection. Patron must be present when checking out video/DVD.
- Audio/CD items: Maximum of four (4), a total of 20 throughout C/WMARS
- Adult Books-on-tapes: Maximum of six (6), a total of 12 throughout C/WMARS
- Juvenile Books-on-tapes: Maximum of _____.
- Adult Fiction books: Maximum of ten (10).
- Juvenile Fiction books: Maximum of _____.
- Adult Paperbacks: Maximum of ten (10).
- Juvenile Paperbacks: Maximum of _____.
- Pamphlets Unlimited.